Intake form and Release Form Needs to be filled out (on bottom of this page)
Arrive Early as the timer starts at your appointment time.
Enjoy a 60 min session of Far Infrared Heat Body Wrap. You will spray fit boost onto problem areas (sold seperately), put on disposable fit coat, enter the body wrap, drink water, listen to music, smell the aromatherapy, and relax. Best results are with multiple sessions. Drink plenty of water before, during, and after your session.
-Weight Loss (burn up to or more than 1000 calories)
-Pain Relief -Relaxation Weight Loss One of the most popular benefits of infrared heat therapy is weight loss.
Extensive clinical research has documented a wide range of benefits supporting weight loss using immersive far infrared therapy as delivered by the FIT Bodywrap System. Sweating consumes calories and a FIT Bodywrap session can induce 3-5 times more sweat than exercise alone. Infrared can rebalance metabolism directly speeding up the rate calories are burned even after a session. As organic acids are purged your fasting insulin levels may drop toward normal, this can assist with stopping your body from being pushed to store carbs as fat. Cellulite Reduction According to FIT Bodywrap’s Clinical Director, Dr. Flickstein, “Cellulite is simply fat beneath the skin that tends to have a bumpy appearance because it pushes against connective tissue, causing the skin above it to pucker.”
Infrared as delivered in the FIT Bodywrap helps fight cellulite in the following ways: Fat becomes water-soluble at a body temperature of approximately 100.5 degrees F and can “melt” by breaking up into smaller particles, which can then be purged from the body through infrared induced sweating. (Yamazaki) Through Dr. Flickstein’s studies on infrared, he has discovered infrared can help the appearance of cellulite do its ability to help rebuild collagen connective tissue. Stronger collagen can help rearrange the fat deposits away from each other and the skin’s surface, and help prevent further accumulation of cellulite.
Pain Relief Many people have used a heating pad to soothe body pain and heat has been well documented in the management of pain relief. The FIT Bodywrap’s penetrating infrared heat can result in immediate therapeutic benefit through increased blood flow and tissue oxygenation. Clinical research has established that an infrared treatment such as a FIT Bodywrap session can increase blood flow from 5-7 quarts/minute to as much as 13 quarts/minute. Therefore during a session there can be a substantial amount of nutrient and oxygen rich blood flowing which can help heal the body and relieve pain.
Infrared is also known to act directly on irritated nerve endings. A 2008 study found that chronic pain patients experienced nearly a 70% reduction in pain levels after the first infrared therapy session. Relaxation Countless clients have reported that FIT Bodywrap sessions lead to a sense of profound relaxation. The American Institute of Stress estimates that 75 to 90% of all visits to primary care physicians are for stress-related problems. Therefore taking the time to relax in the soothing infrared rays can help promote overall health and wellness. Scientific evidence also shows that immersive infrared thermotherapy as from the FIT Bodywrap helps maintain healthy levels of cortisol which is known to raise the heart rate and blood pressure.
Skin Rejuvenation Studies suggest that far infrared stimulates the production of cell tissue and rapidly promotes the regeneration of skin and blood tissue. Infrared heat used in the FIT Bodywrap can be helpful with a variety of aging factors such as wrinkling, uneven skin pigmentation, and the loss of skin elasticity. Expelling the usually hard-to-remove heavy metals and organic acids from stress overloads in sweat can help rebalance both digestion and metabolism that can adversely impact skin beauty.
FIT BODY WRAP CONTRAINDICATIONS
Is FIT Bodywrap right for you?
The segment of the infrared spectrum emitted by the Fit Bodywrap has been shown to offer an astounding range of possible therapeutic benefits in research conducted around the world. The data presented herein is offered for reference purposes only and to stimulate further observation. No implication that the Fit Bodywrap is a cure for or treatment of any disease is implied nor should it be inferred.
If you have any of the following conditions, or any other condition where the use of infrared heat is contraindicated, you should not receive a FIT Bodywrap session without approval from your doctor.
- Cardiac condition
- Implanted pacemaker
- Blood thinning or clotting disorder
- Anemia or Menorrhagia
- High or low blood pressure
- Hyper/Hypo Thyroid
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Lupus Erythemotosus
- Adrenal suppression
- Kidney malfunction
- Diabetes requiring insulin
- Artificial Joints, implants, metal pins, or rods
- Acute joint injury
- Enclosed infection
- Open wounds
- Skin diseases
- Contact allergies
- Severe general infection
- If you have a disease, be certain to consult with a primary-care physician concerning it.
- If you are using any prescription drugs, check with your physician or pharmacist for any possible change in the drug’s effect due to any interaction with infrared heat.
- It is considered inadvisable to raise the core temperature in someone with adrenal suppression, systemic lupus erythematosus, or multiple sclerosis, by some authorities.
- If you have a recent (acute) joint injury the old school admonition is that it should not be heated for the first 48 hours after the insult or until the hot and swollen symptoms subside. While this may apply the more modern concept is move, exercise, attenuate the pain and treat the injured tissues, the first two of which far infrared does do. If you have a joint or joints that are chronically hot and swollen, these joints may respond poorly to vigorous heating of any kind.
- Vigorous heating is strictly contraindicated in cases of enclosed infections be they dental, in joints, or in any other tissues.
- If you are pregnant or suspect you may be, discontinue your Fit Bodywrap use.
- Metal pins, rods, artificial joints, or any other surgical implants generally reflect infrared rays and thus are not heated by these wavelengths, nevertheless you should consult your surgeon prior to your FIT Bodywrap session. Certainly, infrared heat therapy must be discontinued if you experience pain near any such implants.
- Silicone does absorb infrared energy. Implanted silicone or silicone prostheses for nose or ear replacement may be warmed by the infrared rays. Since silicone melts at over 200°C it should not be adversely effected by FIT Bodywrap use. Older versions of the Fit Bodywrap have an off switch for the breast region to avoid a problem from this issue. It is still advised that you check with your surgeon and possibly a representative from the implant product manufacturer to be certain about safety.
- Heating of the low back area of women during the menstrual period may temporarily increase their menstrual flow. Once a woman is aware that this may occur, she can choose to allow herself to possibly experience this short-term effect without worry or to simply avoid FIT Bodywrap use at that time of her cycle.
- Haemophiliacs and anyone predisposed to haemorrhage should avoid IR usage or any type of heating that would induce vasodilation which can potentiate the tendency to bleed.
- Obviously, should any condition worsen with use of the Fit Bodywrap, the use of the system should be discontinued.
- People do not experience increased pain using the Fit Bodywrap unless such use is contraindicated. If you do, the use of radiant heat is clearly inappropriate for you at that time.
Do not attempt to self-treat any disease with a Fit Bodywrap without direct supervision of a physician.